Math is cool!
- Practice counting each night start with going to 20 then to 50 then to 100.
- Let students count out items at home such as how many plates you will need for each person for dinner
- Practice counting on from different numbers… start with a different number
- Play number games with your child. For example you may say I’m thinking of a number between 1-5 what number could it be?
- Challenge your student by asking questions such as “How many would I have if I added 2?” or ” How many will I have left if I take 3 away?”
- Let your child help you measure as you cook